View Single Post

Thanks for the clarification. Yellow arrows are off already and the red ones are loosened, so I will be able to get them off no problem.

Paul, I have read not to replace that bushing if it isnt necessary because the replacement one isn't as good. What is your reason for saying to replace it? I dont want to make a mistake there.

Now, this paragraph is out of the Pelican tech article for removing the TB's:
Before you remove any of the bolts that hold the radius arm to the trailing arm, lower the trailing arm until the tension from the torsion bar exerted on the radius arm decreases. There should be a point to where radius arm can be lowered, where the torsion bar will not exert any force on it. At this point, all of the spring will be taken out of the torsion bar so that there is no tension at all on the trailing arm/radius arm assembly. You may have to use trial and error, and raise and lower the rear trailing arm a few times to find the right height where there will be no tension from the torsion bar. Itís important to relieve any tension on the radius arm before you disconnect the bolts that attach it to the trailing arm. Otherwise, the radius arm may spring back violently when you remove the last bolt that attaches it to the trailing arm.
Pelican Technical Article: Replacing/Upgrading Torsion Bars - 911 (1965-89) - 930 Turbo (1975-89)

I know what they are saying, but I have no idea how I am going to know if the TB is unsprung or not until I remove all the bolts. Any helpful hints? Do I need to diconnect the shock from the trailing arm to do this?
Old 03-09-2014, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)