View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
^^^ nope, that is just the o-ring holder for the stock airbox - won't have anything to do with the slapping you described (I don't use that on my car either as I have a filter directly on the metering assembly like you do). The slapping is because your fuel pressures/metering arm/piston in the fuel head are going crazy at that point.

Rob, the slapping of the metering arm makes me wonder if you have a partial obstruction in one, or more, of your fuel lines. Since you had everthing apart for cleaning, I would suggest that you disconnect each of them and check to see if maybe you left a piece of tape, or plastic wrap or something like that, on any of the fittings.

Also, you can't keep repeatedly depressing the metering arm and firing fuel into the cylinders . . . doing so will possibly fill the cylinders with fuel and can cause a hydraulic lock situation which could bend/break a connecting rod(s), and/and or the crankshaft, when you engage the starter, and will definitely put a lot of fuel into the oil.
possible there is obstruction, i did have paper ape on the fuel head outlets when cleaning..ill check them ,

Ive now run the BOV line to the Main intake on Manifold there was no where else i could put it, i think the decel and or AAR was there so it was a free hole anyway ,
Ive gumped all the fittings with spray copper gasket it is extremely sticky and i think will seal the hoses well so hopefully leaks are taken care of, however i wont try to start now until i check for obstruction.. i hope its easy as that
Old 03-09-2014, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)