View Single Post

Connecting rods balanced

It was raining earlier today so cleaning more parts and other stuff outdoors wasn't happening so I balanced my rods down to 1/10 of a gram indoors in my kitchen. 2 or 3 weeks ago I balanced the piston and wristpin assemblies down to 1/10 of a gram so now these parts are ready to go back in.

It's supposed to be nice out tomorrow so it should be a good day to install the rods and maybe the pistons and cylinders too.
The motor is in the car with the back way up on jackstands and the back of the motor lowered down about a foot on to a jackstand.

I still have to port match the intake manifold holes from 32mm to 40mm. Once I do that and finish cleaning all the old hardened sealant off the cam towers there are some small parts to paint black and then it's time to put this thing back together.

I have a used KEP stage one pressure plate I got around 6 years ago I may install too. Now is the time to do it but I havn't decided yet because the Sachs clutch in it now works really well.
You can see where I carefully removed material from the rods to balance them in these pics.
I put in new rod bearings after cleaning them with brake clean and compressed air.. now they're ready to go back in.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)