View Single Post
7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
"deleted cold start valve" why???? Presume you mean the injector. You need this. Everything is there for a reason.

A little rough diagnosis can be done to determine if running lean (which it certainly will be without a cold stat valve - injector). Have someone sit in the car and crank it over while you stand at the engine bay. With the air filter removed you can push the fuel metering door (round disk) down just a little, couple mm and see if this helps bring the engine to life.

Several posts ago you mention getting silicone into the fuel system and metering head. I'm curious where you might have applied the silicone since there is NO fuel fitting or component requiring any sealing compound at all. All the fuel circuit fitting/connections are high quality and only need to be tightened. If you did in fact get silicone into the fuel head I suspect it remains contaminated. There are a few members here who I believe have disassembled and reassembled fuel heads but generally this is not a home serviced unit, but others may prove me wrong. (what the hell do I know)
Old 03-12-2014, 10:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)