View Single Post

Garage
I was in contact with Vision Motorsports today, my restrictor is pretty close to the right size. I read in another thread about the oil problem only happening at low rpm when the oil is hot. That is exactly what is happening to me. My scavenge pump is sucking enough when its cold, but as the 15-50 oil gets hot its not getting sucked up as fast at idle. They suggested a Clewitt scavenge pump. I ordered a scavenge pump seal earlier today, but if this is only happening at low rpm I don't know if this will remedy the problem, and I was unaware of the hot oil being the problem earlier.

Just a wacky idea, could I put a ball check valve in place of the brass vent? and then route the hose back into the top of the oil tank.... if its idling it will just go up the hose and back into the oil tank, if I shut the engine off the valve will stop the oil from wanting to run back down the hose and filling up my turbo and blowing out smoke etc.

Or should I just order the Clewitt... I'm just afraid its going to have the same result at low rpm...
Old 03-13-2014, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)