View Single Post

Does anyone know of a dual disk clutch option for use with the 930 turbo gear box or with the G50 gear box? I would feel much more comfortable using a dual disk clutch setup for my street hot rod. It would have better holding power with a lower peddle effort requirement so that I don't feel like I am in the gym on a workout machine while street driving.

I did contact KEP a while back and they told me that their stage 2 clutch setup (single disk) was only rated for about 500HP/torque and the peddle effort was much higher than stock. I determined that this was too low of a rating for me to consider for my application unless I was willing to replace the clutch disk more frequently. Not a good option.

KEP said that they have a race application stage 3 clutch setup which was rated to about 600HP/torque, but it was not recommended for street use due to the materials used in the clutch face, and it had way more peddle effort than I would be comfortable with while street driving.

I am building a street hot rod that will have about 700HP/torque that needs to be left leg friendly for street use. I'm not a young kid anymore and my left leg won't last long with high peddle effort.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)