View Single Post

Hi Paul, sorry you're having a lot of trouble with it. I've had gasoline running down my arms many times. Worse than that is brake fluid when working on hydraulics while you're standing under a car thats up on a lift. Brake fluid has a weird warm sensation on your skin I've never liked. It has to be bad for you but gasoline is probably more carcinogenic with the benzene and other nasty stuff thats in it. It probably soaks into your skin and bloodstream faster than brake fluid too.

anyway...

Now that you mentioned the wire length for the front pump I made them longer by soldering on around 4 inches of same gauge wire with the new terminals for the pump and heat shrinking them so they are plenty long enough for the 044 pump installation and look good. I think you can sorta see that in pictures of my front pump installations I've already posted
I forgot abut that until reading your post.
Still it's pretty basic and not all that difficult even when laying on the ground under the car to do it.
25 years ago when I was in my 30's I worked as a street car mechanic full time on German cars so doing stuff like this is nothing new.

I replaced that short dry rotted hose between the gas tank and front fuel pump around 4 years ago with new hose when I removed the gas tank and repainted it with smoke grey rustoleum enamel.

good luck with it.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)