View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
If you have ever had to grind off an overtightened seized wheel nut, you will soon have, at the very least, a clicker torque wrench in your tool box.
So a (Clicker) Torque Wrench make nuts easier to get off if tight

Good to know,

I have an air compressor that has attachments including the apparatus (shaped like a pistol) to remove wheels,
Got to watch them as they spin very quickly so a good idea is to not wear loose clothing when using them, (especially your best long sleeved dinner shirt)

Ive used the compressor to do lots of things from spray painting luggage area and under car to just having the Air Ratchet nearby with a 13mm socket in it when working on engine makes work quick and much easier,

Speaking of wheel nuts i added spacers to my axles when i got my Fusch copies and the offset was quite different but i had already grinded my wheel nuts down from the wheels i had on before to make it tidier, trouble is ive only got about half a bite on each nut as the bolts are now too short, I remember for about two weeks i drove with white knuckles, now i just check them every once in a while

Wow looking at that photo i think its time to check them the ones on the bottom look dodgy

Old 03-22-2014, 10:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)