View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyg View Post
Confirming you have one Blue spring in your Tial is right for one bar
Is the 993 the same car that the tial is on your testing?
Im asking because if the problem looks fixed (now) it might be because the excess pressure when tested caused that exhaust leak, and now at 1.1-1.2 because of it?
The s I have are the 38mm x2 that were shipped prior to The earlier date as noted in the link (http://www.tialsport.com/documents/MVSspc.png). I should have a gold. Btw a padded ratcheting wood clamp works great for disassembly and assembly. The leak was caused by an uneven surface from flipping flanges. I got that fixed late last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T77911S View Post
thats funny that tial says a 1/4 min. when i got my tial it came with these very small 3/16 bajo fittings. i would like to got bigger but where can i get the fittings.

Mine were 1/4 as the 3/16" fittings were thought to get off.

thats how i tested my old WG. i put air into it until it opened. i found my valve guide was leaking.

dumb question, you putting in the right hole? pun intended.
Not a dumb question. I checked also. It is in the correct port for air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyg View Post
I used the existing Banjos that were on the factory Wg not sure of diameter i didnt know there was a minimum. ill have to check the id of the aftermarket vacuum hose i put on
Look in the right hand margin for the note in the link (http://www.tialsport.com/documents/MV-Install-Guide.jpg) I had no idea there was a min. either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T77911S View Post
i know the fitting on the IC is much bigger than the one on my WG.

also, if you have a header with less back pressure i think that can raise the boost pressure.
for me, i have a .8 spring and i am getting .9 which is what i wanted.
Good point. I hadn't thought of that. The 993's are a nice set up just a pain to get the nuts on 4 and 5. I also have a gt35r I just got that I may try to get in before the weekend (I have a car event).
Old 03-24-2014, 04:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)