View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundevil64 View Post
Robbbyg,
Are you contemplating simply changing the spring for quick hp? I wouldn't unless you take precautions of an larger I/C , increase fuel enrichment for cooling and to deter detonation, exhaust upgrades, etc. I have a 930 motor that we checked c/r before even thinking of going to 1bar. I could go as high as 1.4bar, but that would make me nervous with stock internals so I am limiting myself to 1 bar with a full bay I/C on the 930 motor with a crossed drilled crank and balanced rotating assembly as well as efi for fuel control. There is some great experience on this forum that can help.
Hi sundevil
No, my 77 930came with no intercooler, factory 0.8bar spring and factory 1.5 bar boost guage.
I have since added an OEM Intercooler from a later model 930 along with a 3.3 intake manifold, bov , msd ignition and Tial 46mm, 2 out Monty Muffler and taken off the aftermarket roof, ive kept my factory Euro headers as theyre pretty good in their own right , I havent changed the spring as yet and wont be doing it until everything on engine is Torqued and sorted .

I know Heat is a bane for most, but i now have the opposite problem of the engine running too cold 90 percent of the time as my engine was originally made without IC
Old 03-24-2014, 09:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)