View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
I looked for that PDF and unless it's on an external storage hard drive I havn't looked through yet I don't have it anymore.

I do know that when the metering plate is at rest with no control pressure or anything it should be in the middle part of the mid point of the metering cone it's in. By that I mean the short area below the flare above and flare below - it's kind of like the midpoint or narrowest part of the venturi in a carburater throat. The metering cone gets wider above and below that short section.
Larry's a nice guy and if you call him maybe he'll email the PDF to you.

Anyway, it's real simple and if yours does need adjustment you do it with a small hammer and small drift punch with light taps to move the pin and if you go too far, yeah you have to take it apart and tap it back out from the inside.
I called Larry and he talked me thru it. He is a great guy to have told me this without hesitation....I know he runs a business and did not have to tell me without charging me for the info. Just wanted to give him props.
Now to find time to make the adjustment and then fingers crossed this solves my problem.

thanks JFairman
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 03-27-2014, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)