View Single Post

Garage
Well, it's a love/hate thing (at times) for me. I bought the car cuz I've always loved the way they looked and as a kid lusted after the then performance capabilities. Hate because due to the rising values I find myself more "considerate" of when to drive it.

I'm making a more conscious effort to change that. Since purchasing 3 years ago (one owner black on black 41,000 mile example) I've made a lot of internal changes (rebuilt the motor, bigger turbo/inter cooler,EFI setup, exhaust, etc., etc.) to bring the performance standards to what I would "lust" after today and done very little to the exterior and interior, sans a very nice sound system.

Of course I've kept everything I've taken off so if I ever want to return to stock I, or the next owner more probably, can do so.

It comes out of the EFI conversion in the next week (finally!) and then I plan on driving the snot out of it.

I've had too many cars in the past that, due to many factors, were "to nice to drive" and hence - no fun to own, for me at least.

I don't desire garage queens anymore. Sure I'll keep it nice but the real enjoyment comes more from driving it more than looking at it, but it sure is easy on the eyes!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)