View Single Post
Supercar slayer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo owner View Post
10 to 15 miles per trip, 1 to 2 trips per month 8 months a year, never in bad weather. Cooler days are prefered, dog days of summer are avoided.

I don't even know if the A/C works, all the parts are there but I've never tried it, they never worked that good when new.

The car I purchased was described as a driver condition by the seller, black in color and original paint so I figured it needed paint. I never even asked about the interior figuring it was worn too. The drivers seat had the typical wear on the bolster, the rest looks good as new. A little shoe polish on the bolster fixed that.

The out side buffed out real well and now instead of a car I could drive like I stole it, I have 1 I drive very little because of condition and current market valuation.

I fell in love with these cars 30 years ago when in the car business and I still am today. Whats not to love, best looking and perfoming car of it's day and very few meet or exceed the standard even today.
I drive mine up to 100+ miles per drive, with my son as co-driver since he enjoys long drives, and I never take my 930 Slant out for a drive without my son.

I rarely use the A/C in mine even though it works.

Yeah, 930's are definitely better than today's supercars, in fact, mine is even faster than many of them

1987 930 Slantnose Cabriolet, 545 hp, Guards Red- Weekend cruiser
1986 944 Turbo (951), 350+hp, Guards Red- Track car
2005 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab 4x4, stock 282 hp, Silver- Daily driver
Old 03-29-2014, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)