View Single Post

I used the included removal tool, a razor knife, a wire brush and sandpaper to get it cleaned off. The rubber bushings are VERY tight going back on and into the TB tubes, so getting all the old material off is very important. Lots of silicone lube helped too.
One thing I learned the hard way was that the cover plate will not rotate with new bushings like the old one did, so pressing it on the new bushing on the spring plate while it is off the car, before mounting it into the TB tubes is difficult because it has to be positioned just right, but I didn't see any way to get the cover on while under the car. It took a couple of attempts to get it just right so I could mount it up and get the 4 bolts in without having to rotate the cover. Then, driving in the 4 bolts to insert the spring plate into the bushing mounted in the TB tube is possible.

Even if you mark every bolt and put the TB's back in exactly the same, it will still probably change your alignment since the spring plate will be centered into the TB tube better. My car is at Powertech right now being aligned.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)