View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post
Was reading that the frequency is so different than any other sound, that having false triggers were really not a problem.

Was thinking about this a little, and I agree since the valvetrain on our engines make "clacking" sounds while detonation makes more of a "tinking" sound, which is a higher pitched frequency.

I'm going breather cover and see what happens with fingers crossed.
I agree... I mean you have the cam chains at one end.. scavange pump at the other... valvetrain on each side... But, i think you are right, it is listening for a different frequency. also, I think it is searching (the ecu is, in my case) for an anomaly... IE: you have say a 140 value at 2,000 RPM, then at 4,000 RPM, you have 220. Then all of the sudden at 4K, you have 298.... the ECU will say hey, something is not right. I am sure that it is also tuned to pick up a certain range of frequency...

If it is not working where I put it, it will not take too long to change it...
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 04-01-2014, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)