View Single Post

Thanks Chris.
While you posted that I was starting another thread because I have some 40mm aluminum CIS injector blocks I bought used a while back and the blocks are the same thickness top to bottom as the stock plastic 930 blocks.

I got some 40mm hole heat insulators and gaskets to use with them from another place and they are 6.3mm thick and then 10mm thick with two gaskets, one for each side that came with them.
The gaskets are thicker than the stock 930 gaskets but fit perfectly and I'd like to use them.
I have stock 930 gaskets that are thinner for between the top of the injector blocks and the intake manifold and I carefully cut the holes from 32mm to 40mm with an xacto razor knife. It worked well.

Anyway, I'm still wondering if there will be enough thread engagement with the stock studs in the cylinder heads without ripping the threads out of the heads if I thread them into the heads 9 mm less and then torque the manifold stud nuts down to 18 foot pounds?

Or only torque them to say 14 foot pounds and use some hylomar gasket sealer on the gaskets?
I could also skip the wavy washers that go under the nuts and use low strength green loctite on the nuts to keep them in place so there is a little more thread engagement for the studs into the cylinder heads.

thanks again.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)