View Single Post

Power seat - wiring questions

86 930 w/power and heated sport seats

When I got my car the rear up/dwn adjustment was flakey but then stopped completely. I got only a click and buzz when pushing the button. In a burst of over confidence I attempted to remove the switch to clean and re-install. As with most of my project this turned from clean and re-install to remove and break completely. I pulled the fuse and decided to tackle it another day.

I bought a new seat switch and a few days ago set about pulling the seat to replace the one I mangled. I managed to get all the bolts out even though someone had previously nearly stripped the heads. Does pelican sell replacements?

IMG_6144

Time to buy a real set of allen sockets as I had to break out the "cheapass screw driver thingy" again.

Once free there was of course evidence of a prior break-in given the amount of broken glass under the seat.

IMG_6142

I assume this is why the car has the stupid car alarm and new stereo hacked in by Car Toys. I also found this plastic fastener, any ideas where its home is:

IMG_6146
IMG_6145

So the switch appears to pop into its bracket from the outside of the seat, is that correct?

IMG_6139

Wiring wise it has to female spade connectors which seem to run to the motor itself then it has two male plugs.

Do they just press into this big connector?
IMG_6141

I ran out of daylight and had to re-install everything but I would like to get this all taken care of this weekend while installing the PLX modules (anyone have a good idea for sourcing switched 12v under the seat for these?) so as to be totally done with removing the seats for the foreseeable future.
https://medium.com/@crashingdoor
Old 04-08-2014, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)