View Single Post

Garage
Major conundrum! Which Turbo do I sell?

This is a major problem in my life as far as "high class problems" go. I got out of racing in 2007 and went instead for tracking various cars ever since. Now, I either want to get back into racing or get a dedicated track car that can race here and there. The problem is I have no space so 1 car has to go.

Choice 1: 1986 930 with under 23k miles. I haven't owned this car for a year but it was a dream car of mine ever since I worked at DOR Porsche in 1986-1987. Car has some mods but I have all the original parts and it can easily be returned back to stock. Original paint, original everything. 1 owner from 1987 until I bought it in 2013. Car is a 3.5 out of 5 on the Haggerty scale which means it is nearly a 4 but not quite. I rarely drive this guy but when I do it is always special.

Choice 2. 2001 996TT. This car has around 40k miles and has some mods, too. This is my go-to car for, well, anytime I want to do something which requires me to drive more than 15 minutes. Despite the misgivings of 996TT's, I absolutely love this car. I have tracked it but it is not what I want for a track car. Too heavy, too complex, too much of a compromise. It is not as emotional as my 930 and the experience is not the same but, as I said, it's my go-to car.

I wouldn't even know what to ask for the 930. I know 996TT values pretty well. The 930 alone could finance the race/track car which is good financially. I have owned some classics and while I love them I have OCD with them so that kind of kills my enjoyment. I hate cleaning the underside!

Anyways, thought I would vent. I may do nothing. I may do something. But the racing bug is killing me and my 996TT just doesn't do it for me on the track.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)