View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailwind22 View Post
88 930 and brake lights quit working. I have checked the fuse panel and the bulbs themselves and no issues there. The brake light switches are located on the master cylinder and I verified that I have power going into the switch and no power coming out when the pedal is depressed. This means the switch is bad, correct? Or could it still mean that I have a ground issue somewhere? Trying to eliminate all options before ordering new switches. Thoughts?
An '87 has two brake light switches on the master cylinder. They are switched by hydraulic pressure as you press the brake pedal down. I don't know why they have two switches, I guess one is a backup to the other if one stops working.
I replaced them both because the brake lights wouldn't come on with light brake pedal pressure when slowing down easily around town.

I bought the replacements from a Porsche dealer because that was the lowest price on them I found.
They are not fun to replace... kind of hard to get at and stuff has to be moved out of the way from what I remember.
Then you have to bleed the brakes to get any possible air bubbles out of the master cylinder.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)