View Single Post

If you're just changing the pipe from the pump to the oil tank you don't have to do anything else.
If you remove the pump and clean it all out like some people might do then you should prime it like I described before starting the motor. The other motor in this thread looks so clean and nice it may have been completely rebuilt.

It also kind of fresh in my mind because I just reinstalled my scavenge pump a few days ago after cleaning everything and rebuilding the top end of the motor in my car.

I don't know what all he did and I mentioned it to maybe help anyone else reading it that has rebuilt or cleaned out their turbo scavenge pump.

It might be a good idea to squirt some oil into the oil line from the turbo drip tank to the scavenge pump before installing it if you have it off and clean it out too.
Sure doesn't hurt and will wet out the two gears in the pump faster and help it start sucking oil from the turbo drip tank right away.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)