View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
cabin fever prevailed, yet Schpring cometh: current status

So as mentioned in numerous other threads over the course of this brutally frickin brutal winter here, I have embarked upon a project or 237 on my 930. Hey I don't watch TV and was able to horse-trade a venerable shiitload of the mods.

Kinda wanted to finally address a number of areas I've always wanted to 'right' about the car now that I got it back. It all started off so innocently... sold my Fuchs due to lack of wide rear tire choices forevermore and scored some Profil5's, and the slope appears to have dropped out from under me.

Whoops.

In no particular order, here's what I've been up to:

- 18x9/11 Fikse Profil 5 polished lips / black anodized spokes running 255/295 Potenza RE760s
- H1s relayed to run 100w/100w
- A.I.R. front valance
- Setrab 172 FMOC with custom OEish rubber lines & fittings made by Len Cummings here (Boxxster or somesuch)
- side-indicator air scoop for fender mount oil cooler
- dual Bosch 044 fuel pumps
- MSD 6AL-2 programmable ignition and blaster coil
- rebel racing rear coilover Bilstein Sports / 500# springs, no torsions
- Neatrix spring plate bushings
- SC cams which resulted in engine / trans cherrypopdrop
- Jerry Woods Racing Garrett / ITS 0.82 trim
- Smart Racing front brake ducts and blockoff plates
- DZug strut bar
- Porterfield R4S front carbon/Kevlar pads & ATE Super Blue bleed
- replacement hi/lo beam signal stalk
- weld shifter coupler once and for all
- 965 elbow - on shelf for summer swap from Garretson shortneck to ??? longneck and OE recirc manifold-ectomy

I've finally turned the corner with regard to being at the point where I'm still taking things apart and have begun reassembly.

Front studs in, brakes bled, ducts and blockoff plates mounted, calipers reinstalled, front wheels on.

Len Cummings just dropped me off some of his custom FMOC fittings today so hopefully can get that plumbed / hung. Talk about personal attention and hands-on service... dove right in here and helped cut off the FMOC tabs that were in the way - how cool is that?

Engine & trans are on the ground, commence operation Massenguil (2cans 'o Brake Clean thus far). Pulling the chain boxes and cooler today for rocker removal access to further the cam swap.

Paintmatch too orange once again, 3rd time's hopefully the charm this week. Oy. Frustrating.

Jakester returning for cam swap & drivetrain reinstall last weekend of April, then I HOPE (better!) to have the fukker wrapped up in the 1st weeks of May. Wish me luck.

Some pics...

ritualistic sacrificial springplate bushing offering:

took me 7yrs to grow the stones (and coerce Jake to join me wayway up here in sunnyCT) to get 'here':

I look younger in pics - OK... that's my MiniMe:

obligatory... and... infernal soundpad remnants, BEGONE!:

progress:

Peteski BLING... verrrrrrrrry excited for this... thanks Pete!:

getting there... oy:

lastly... gotta love my idjut friends, they freakin SLAY ME... this is from an Audi forum I'm on... can you feel the love?:

quattroworld.com Forums: WTB - 1980's Porsche 930 - partially or fully disassembled cars only

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 04-13-2014, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)