View Single Post

It's very decent of you to post your real world results. It's sometimes a crap shoot to get what you want from a turbo because there a many combinations out there, many shelf brands. I've certainly been down that path on bmw motors, going from turbo to turbo, modern stuff that was very linear in boost response, not like the old school sledge-hammer effect, which I personally like. For CIS, I love the 7006, as some have posted here, a real all around turbo that just seems to get better and better with every run. As a side note on custom jobs: I was up in Alabama for four days doing some work on a friends turbo car. We needed a turbo, like fast, and on a Saturday at that. We called around and found a guy about twenty minutes away who said, "no problem." So we went down and picked up a brand new custom made turbo that he built the same day! The guy makes his own turbine housings and compressor housings! No machining like some do. He specializes in custom twin housings for GTR's so as to keep the warranty with the same numbers cast into the housings (sort of stealth with bigger wheels for another 100hp on those cars). He said he can put any wheel into a KKK turbo. He can shape housings in any configuration because he controls the molds. Very impressive and very reasonable. We got a brand new custom turbo with gt compressor wheel and P trim turbine for around $600. Turbo is rock solid. I might play round with wheels and different compressor housing just for fun -- keeping the same turbo, that is, and always able to put it back to original.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)