View Single Post
Slantnose from HELL

Out of the T series a T61 suits a 3.3-3.5 liter dead square in its map. Incidentally a GT35 is literally the same profile as a T61 but In a ball bearing configuration. It is my opinion that although a ball bearing turbo seems to handle thrust better than a journal bearing from all the hype I don't feel there is enough data to support it. Some claim there is less resistance with the ball bearing. Still there is only claims. Typically, after a comparison with lesser performing turbo. I only use on all my personal engines journal bearings, I've to this day never lost 1 to bearing or thrust failure. I run over 60psi on my diesel and over 25psi from time to time on my slant. A 60-1 back in the day was THE turbo it really paved the way as far as turbo performance and really works well still to this day but..... A 60-1 does not match to a 3.3-3.5 properly, but it does perform well. The 66mm your looking at will be interesting as it will be a top end performer, just curious on how well the turbine section will delegate the exhaust flow. I'll be curiously watching.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler

Last edited by GJF; 04-15-2014 at 06:18 PM..
Old 04-15-2014, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)