View Single Post
Chain fence eating turbo

Quote:

Quote de Tippy

One of my fears too was to find a circlip! I must have checked 100 times making sure they were in and fully seated!

I remember putting them in. I had a bunch of aluminum foil over the spigots in case one flew in that direction and I installed them sitting next to it on the driveway under wheel wells.

I did 3, 2, and 1 on one side and then 6, 5, and 4 on the other side. The pistons were in the jugs sticking out the bottom with the circlips already in on the side facing the flywheel so I could slide the jug on the studs and position the rod in the piston, slide the wrist pin through and install the circlip on the side facing the back of the car.

Doing all this with the motor in the car that seemed the best way to me. I stopped and snapped some pics while doing it and posted them a couple few weeks ago.

I'm having fun doing it all and i'm getting satisfaction from it.. I hope it runs good. Tomorrow if it doesn't rain I'll put the fan on, the rear motor mount yoke and crossbar on and raise the motor up and bolt it in place and then the headers, turbo, muffler, and wastegate go back on.

After that I hope my aluminum injector blocks show up so I can continue putting it back together.
GL, hope all goes well!
Old 04-19-2014, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)