View Single Post

Garage
Oooo, great TI Raleigh pictures!

I'll post a couple more pics of my bike.

I lucked out. The components are all top drawer from back the day. Everything that can be, is Super Record, except the PO changed to Simplex retrofriction shifters. The bottom bracket has the hollow Ti spindle, the pedals have Ti spindles, he got alloy bolts and barrel nuts for the seatpost. The saddle is a Brooks Swift with Ti rails. The rims are Fiamme Yellow. The stem and bars are Cinelli.

I'm going to keep the rims and Campagnolo high flange hubs but rebuild with double butted spokes. Looking for a lighter saddle; I like Brooks but my butt is not too fussy, and I can use this one on a different bike that isn't a weight weenie project. I need to find a different freewheel, the gearing is currently 53/42 x 12-17 straight block which is too manly for me. A 14-22 or 14-23 will do me fine. I've fitted a Regina Superleggera hollow pin chain and that cost $1/ gram saved, ouch. I'm also eyeing some 3ttt Superleggera bars and a lighter stem, to shave a bit more weight.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2073 (permalink)