View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedSlantnose View Post
Every time I go for a drive in my 930 Slant, I come home and see a very fine layer of dust built up at the rear of my car.

Are there any really good ways to clean a 930 and chrome RUF wheels? Also, is it safe to wash the engine with a pressure washer or just simply with a garden hose?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilikum Turbo View Post
If your going to wash the engine, a mild-solution of something like simply-green and water is a good pre-treatment for the motor.

Disconnect the battery...cover the alternator and coil, and I don't recommend a high-pressure sprayer(which will force water into places you don't want it to go).
Stay away from the left side where the relays/fuses are, and of course avoid the intake area(which you might stuff with a clean small towel to absorb excess water)

A garden hose without the attachment, where you use your thumb to regulate the pressure works fine. Let the car set for a minimum 24-48 hours afterwards with the engine bay open for residual water to evaporate. Then reconnect the battery, and you should be good to go.

If you could wash the engine with pure distilled water, this would not be an issue, as distilled water cannot carry a current, and has infinite resistance.

I believe the proper way to disconnect the battery is 1st the positive, then negative. Reverse that process when reconnecting(negative 1st, then positive).

A clean engine is a beautiful thing!

Seriously?
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)