View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
with a belly entirely too full of outrageous Easter festivus, I got home and dove straight back into continuing prep in anticipation of Sat's intended install session w/ Jake

casually told What's Her Face with an oh bytheway ummmm yeaaaaah... I'm gonna hafta have you park yer shinny black GL in the driveway alllllll week this week so I can use the full monty for my maniacism

which was retorted to w/ an um yeah vacuum my damn truck, yajerk so I started there first and THEN moved to get mah shiit together and sorted

on to ze questions for you generous experts:

is this weep signature between the jug / head considered 'normal' / within the range of 'acceptable'? It's on #1 & #4, and I've seen it from the underside of #2 as well:

feeling less so ubercool running my filter atop the intake instead of the insipidly ginormous monolith of an airbox (airzepplin?), with breather vented to a small filter to atm... fekkin bongresin EVERYWHERE

this is after unloading 2cans 'o Brake Clean via an old dish scrub brush - screw this shiit, getting me a catchcan fersure... this couldashoulda been avoided d'oh / que sera sera:

taking every advantage of the limited window of time / access, I'm thoroughly enjoying ridding such BS as the remnants of the airpump - buhbye / FU to the 3 knucklebusting 3" studs seen here which formerly mounted that 700lb piece of CRAP!

couldashoulda been avoided - just say no to vent to atm!

great opp to lube the throttle spring, also doing all the gaskets / O-rings back here in the Bermuda Triangle of Death:

another Q... how do I get the passenger chain to clear the rail so I can get it thru the box to get the box fully off? Looks like I have to remove the rail? If so, how to? Trust me I know, mah ignorance is painful:

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 04-21-2014 at 06:26 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 06:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)