View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
After 3daze in Hershey Parks and fresh home from the 5hr drive, I wanted to remain "930-productive" upon my return but didn't want to do too much thinking (motor stuff)...

so I finally got my H1's fully apart, douched, and back together

I'd scored a barnfind set from the classifieds here over the winter on what I feel was the cheap, and nicely defrayed a substantial chunk 'o that w/ the sale of my H5's (of course).

Hoped for the best and that they'd be decent.

Once I had them apart and could see what I actually had, I was QUITE pleasantly pleased!!! Nearly 100% perfect raised letter lenses, perfect reflectors, fully functional adjusters. WOOT!!!!!

Before and after, before on right:

was certain to only do one unit at a time, always retaining one in tact for reference to the spring stick orientation!

the retaining spring 'sticks' are two different lenths... shown here in shorter set to the left / longer to the right, and with one each in the center for comparison:

adapter dongles to convert the H5 harness from the car to the H1 plug behind the light (subtle princess FU just for you Ronnie):

damn these are in great shape:

hellyeah... 911's seem so craptastic to me w/o H4s or H1's (H1's FTMFW heh heh). With and w/o flash:

I sooooocannotwait to rock these with 100w/100w Hi/Lo simultaneous. Got the JWest relays to go in next, and will adjust the wonky reflector angles once the car's back on the ground.

VERY excited to have these, something I've alllllways wanted...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 04-21-2014, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)