View Single Post

I'm in the same boat as you are and actually started at thread about it: The "Let's upgrade Jeff NJ's car" thread

You can certainly upgrade just the muffler for some more power (I will let Rarlyl8 tell you how much). A header system will give you additional power, a bigger, newer turbo will continue that increase, but at some point, fuel requirements cannot be met with CIS. I don't really know where that point is, and there are people here that do, so hopefully they chime in.

My current idea is to replace the headers, muffler and IC and see if I am happy. If not, a turbo would be next, but that may require CIS upgrades... I'm still undecided though.

Your position is a little different because you need a turbo rebuild. If it were me, I would not spend any money on the stock turbo and I would upgrade that. Let a pro tell you how big and what else needs to be done, but the turbo rebuild requirement changes things for me.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)