View Single Post

The tail wing creates a turbulant semi low pressure area behind the car while it's moving and thats why a lot of road dust and exhaust particulates may collect there.

Washing it is the same as any other car. Water flows downhill so start on the top of the roof and work your way down. Garden hose works fine.

Just don't spray water into the interior air extraction vent at the back of the roof above the rear window on a 911 coupe. You don't want a bunch of water in there. Targa's don't have that vent, they have their interior air extraction vents in the sides of the targa bar.

I use a bucket of soapy water and a long handle soft bristle van brush with rubber molding around the sides that won't ding the paint to wash the car. For me the van brush makes the job much easier. Lots less bending over and it has never scratched the paint or any thing else.

Then I use old terry cloth towels to wipe the water off so it doesn't make water spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedSlantnose View Post
Every time I go for a drive in my 930 Slant, I come home and see a very fine layer of dust built up at the rear of my car. The dust usually builds up at the very back of the rear fenders and as tiny spots on the base of the rear spoiler. My chrome RUF wheels also have water spots that are hard to get rid of. I keep my 930 shiny with wax, but it just seems to attract dust

Are there any really good ways to clean a 930 and chrome RUF wheels? Also, is it safe to wash the engine with a pressure washer or just simply with a garden hose?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)