View Single Post
beancounter

I've been reluctant to do QQ for the same reason, but I have had Police officers suggest I do, and when I tell them my concern, even they say that its BS and there is zero enforcement. Even if you are pulled over, how is educational or exhibition purposes defined by state law? If I talk to a dude at the gas station about my car, isn't that educational for someone?

I checked with a private inspection facility, they sent me to the state facility...many shops no longer have the equipment to do this. Everytime the laws change, these shops have to upgrade their equipment and its expensive. A lot of them will only do inspections now on OBD-II equipped cars...they don't want to invest the $ to have the expensive gas analyzer around for us old car guys.

I haven't let a Porsche specialty shop touch my car in years (other than for alignment and corner balance). I've had more headaches with those guys than the NJ DMV ever gave me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstDotLast View Post
I would never trust the NJ DMV with my 930, that's pretty brave of you.

I usually take it to a Porsche/Specialty shop certified to do state inspections...I've been reluctant to get QQ plates though because of these two requirements:

- Used solely for exhibition or educational purposes
- Cannot be altered from the manufacturer’s original design in any way

Although unless you get pulled over, they wouldn't be able to know either of those things...
Old 04-24-2014, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)