View Single Post

Hey kids---whoowhooo---my contractor is going to start the demolition of my home this weekend! But the first activity will be to drag the 930's toasted carcass out of the garage and expose her to the light of day. Not sure I want to see that, but here it comes. She'll be staged outside next to the rest of the internal combustion vehicles that "externally" combusted almost 3 months ago to the day. I'll soon have a better look at salvagability of the drivetrain, etc.

It's been sitting in a rather caustic environment up 'till now (here's some chemistry 101: the ancients used to make a weak caustic solution by adding water to ashes, and using that mixture - when added to lard - to make soap). There are several inches of wet ashes in the garage....do the math.

Pictures forthcoming when I get around to it. Meanwhile, thanks everyone for your continued support!
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 04-25-2014 at 04:37 PM..
Old 04-25-2014, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)