View Single Post
Turbofrog

It's very nice as far as tuning but it should give enough spark itself whitch it doesnt, hence the MSD 6A. I can monitor my timing as I drive and use shortcuts to increase it on the fly plus I have two maps behind a switch to fast check some adjustments. So far I have seen that this engine really likes good timing. Idle is good at 25 btdc and cruise likes around 40-45 btdc but I need to try higher. This is where J&S comes handy IMO. I can just eyeball the retard gauge for any retard and adjust accordingly.

The sad thing is I'm alone when it comes to problems as I think I'm the only person running this unit on turbo porsche so a lot of try and fail progress as with the need for MSD 6 for good spark and now this nkg quality issue with too much spark shattering the plugs. This was to delay efi as I kind of like to keep the sucky k-jet just for proving a point as everyone says go EFI all the time : )
79 930: HX40S#16, MS3pro+ID1000+044+E85, Ignition: 123/TUNE/MSD6A, True split BB, 2*turbosmart38
Old 04-26-2014, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)