View Single Post

Garage
Possible 1986 930 sale; price advice needed

May, as in MAY, be selling my 930 in about a month (I guess that's May!). I want to replace the spring plate bushings, re-plate the parts and install the regular rocker panels on the car (I currently have boxed) before I sell it.

Question is price...

The car: 1986 930, Guards red, black, under 23k miles

The good:

Really a 1 owner car. Previous owner purchased in 1987 with 4k miles. I bought it about a year ago with around 22.3k miles. Hence I don't drive it at all.
Interior is like new. Underside was cryo'd and looks showroom fresh. Never painted. Does not leak. A/C is ice cold.

The bad (is it?):

Car has Kokelen intercooler, Andial fuel enrichment system, larger turbo, cams. This cost over $18k by the previous owner and the car doesn't leak a drop of anything and pulls great. I have the original parts and they are in original condition. So, do I return to stock or keep modified? Big question.

Paint: The hood has some chips and there are a couple here and there. Do I repaint the hood or leave as is? Hood is the worst offender as I am a real perfectionist.

Records: Not many. This car was not owned by some collector who polished it daily. He tossed nearly everything. I have all records of work done since I owned it and a few since around 2010. I know the shop that did most of the work since he owned it but they tossed their records when they went to a computer system in around 2008. So that is a detractor to some.

Maintenance: I had an engine out tune up which included plugs, wires, valve cover gaskets, etc. Car needs not a thing.

So, what is this thing worth? I am having a hard time owning a car I haven't put 600 miles on in a year. Plus, driving in S. Florida sucks terribly. Want to get back into racing and while I have always loved 930's I am having a tough time with a garage queen.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)