View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferraripete View Post
I may be at fault for the inciting the responses here but it struck me as odd how the 86-89 cars were referred to as homogenized...as if to say that all the other cars were beasts and the lowly 86-89 cars got far too civil and simply too benign to be considered a real 930.

as an owner of 3 different 930's as well as many exotics, I found the use of homogenous as simply laughable and to characterize the cars as soooo different...well that is such a joke too. these are all special cars and the major differences between the 3.3's barely goes beyond interior trim or headlight trim rings. I don't suspect that any of us have a hard time understanding why the market is currently pricing the 3.0's, early 3.3's and late 3.3's differently...it is what it is.

but, I assure you that all of the owners if asked to be honest, would agree that in stock form, all of the 930's were fast but the 86-89 have always been the quickest and fastest. I suspect each of the automotive rags were supportive of the performance figures too.

I would also suggest that any non catalyst late model 930 hits hard just like an early 3.3 and that those with even light mods will hit even harder. for anyone (tony or other) to try to pedal a story of how the 3.3's are sooooo different, only confuses potential new owners and may keep them focused on a particular year versus finding the best example.

I am not a seller so if a 78 is worth a bit more than my spectacular 87...who cares but please don't try to convince me that my old 78 was a better 930 than my current 87 because it simply was not!!!

sorry I started this guys.
dammit Pete - don't apologize

you just nail / head'd it

say it again brutha!

2nd, all dat - 'cept the apologies

and... 2nd Ronnie's citation about the painful history here... ugh... let's move on.

All awesome cars, not entirely different from each year to year - however - much variation from car to car to car to car regardless of the year... drive a bunch and you'll see... they're ALL different.

(and stock cars blow to drive )

and... hahahahahaha Tim... classic. Good stuff...

Bill... Tony's car is "all original" soooooo......... right Tony?

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 04-28-2014, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)