View Single Post

Garage
I am also currently adjusting my BL WUR. A previous poster AFR's are to die for.
I am running in the UK at sea level so we maybe different. 930/66 engine ROW.
My cold start is at 1.8 bar and it starts with 10.9 AFR. Idle AFR is 14. My fuel press is 6 bar
My warm cruise is now 3.8 Bar. Boost is 2.8 Bar. The boost threshold screws are wound all the way out. One thing i have noticed is that once the pumps are switched off the WUR cools down Very quickly so you have to wait a few minutes before checking fuel pressures with pumps on especially boost. This will be very rich until WUR is at operating temp. I had to do this a few times to ensure the fuel pressures remained constant. Adlusting little bits at a time. When you adjust the warm cruise there can be quite a large null position where nothing happens. So if you are tuning on the road nothing may happen unless you are in the sweet spot. I now have to run mine to check AFR's. I am after 15 at cruise but am unable to get there even at 4 bar warm cruise.
I use my compressor and set 1 bar of boost. I think anywhere from .7 bar is fine and does not appear to make any difference to fuel pressure.
Good luck will be interested to see you pressures and AFR's.

Cheers

Tim
Old 04-29-2014, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)