View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Finally finished my motor last night and it runs GREAT!
New 3.3 Mahle pistons and cylinders, rebuilt 930 heads with new valve guides that I ported the intake ports to 40mm,
40mm aluminum injector blocks, intake manifold holes port matched to 40mm, ARP head studs, resurfaced rocker arms, big end resized connecting rods with now pin bushings and rod bearings. (the big end of the connecting rod had become a little oval/eggshaped like all stock Porsche rods do after a while)
and a nice K27 7006 turbo.

I took it out for a drive last night changing rpms a lot and accelerating and decelerating a lot. Havn't taken it over about 4200 rpm or .6 bar yet.
I'll drive it some more today and then change the oil.
Both 964 cams are timed right at 1.26 spot on.

It has more low end torque and pep then before which is really nice for around town driving. I guess thats because these heads were machined down .018" more than the heads that were on it so compression is a tiny bit higher, it has freshly reground ground valves and valve seats, and new valve guides.. and the brand new Mahle 3.3 pistons and cylinders are much better than the ones that were in there.

!!
Good on you JF,
Hope you used a Torque wrench for at least of your build?
pls tell me you did ?
If you didnt you might start a bad precedence lol

Hope she boosts like a banshee when you let her fully rip
Old 05-01-2014, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)