View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumba View Post
Any advantage/disadvage between 3.0 vs 3.3 turbo motor? I've run across a 3.0 turbo motor for sale. Ultimate max c.h.p. would be in the 300-350 range. The stock i/c location is not going to work. So some type of aftermarket or custom i/c with either motor. This will bolt up to a '84 915 box. Is the 3.0 a direct bolt up, or do I need to go to a different clutch package.
Ive got a 3.0 930 euro came from the factory without an intercooler

A PO swapped out the 4 speed for a later 915 Box

I added a 3.3 intake, BOV and IC to mine as it just missed the parts bin for the Intercooler they were introduced in late 77.

I rotated my throttle body to make the factory 930 IC fit and removed the big airbox in favour of a fabspeed air intake
Engine is Still all from Porsche except the air intake but i have more flow so im happy with it

A Major improvement is Boost safety and engin bay room as i also removed the aircon and compressor, The IC fitted without a hitch into the big tail, when i have my ignition sorted ill be increasing my spring to 1.1 bar, currently .8bar without the mods when i first got the car and without knowing i was running 1.2 bar springs she handled that, i guess it depends on the condition of your engine on the inside too.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)