Thread: Electric fans
View Single Post
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedSlantnose View Post
My oil temp gauge hovers around the halfway point when idling and just below it when driving on hot days, and it rises above the halfway point when I get stuck in heavy traffic. I honestly think it's too hot when the gauge is over the halfway point, but it's never overheated before.
Well, we have differing opinions on what it too hot, then. The just above the sort-of-middle hash mark is about 220 degrees (perfect) and the last hash mark prior to the red is 250(getting on the warm side, but keep in mind that OEM front, oil cooler fan does not even trigger until 248) . . . so I will see temps reach 250-260 on 100+ days, in stop and go traffic, and with the a/c on max, but am not too concerned as those are not critically high temps (especially when not the everyday, normal temps).

That being said, I do plan to increase oil cooling capabilities at some point (and move the f*ck out of the pressure cooker hell hole, too ).

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 05-05-2014 at 12:26 PM..
Old 05-05-2014, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)