View Single Post
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Also odd, the shroud leaves a good 3/4" gap to the inner fender flare - wonder why? I have to shim that up @ some point to capture that airflow escapage.
Paul your car appears to be missing the following, reduculously overpriced, cooler-to-body seal entirely. Mine is missing chunks and needs to be replaced, but I think I will be making an alternative rather than spending $90 on a piece of foam rubber.

Pelican Parts - Product Information: 930-207-353-00-OEM

Quote:
Here's to hoping that some lube'age of ze fan will resurrect it. Nooooo idea if it was running before, never even knew it was there sadly - but - it was prettttty darn tight to spin by hand. Would be nice to save it certainly...
Like I mentioned in that other thread, the fan thermostat does not trigger until 248 (getting close to the last white hash mark on the temp gauge) . . . mine comes on, but only on the hottest days and if doing stop-and-go driving (like running errands), and it is very obvious when it is running via the noise and feeling blast of super heated air from it.

Quote:
The f'n pump I got w/ the fluid from Amazon wouldn't guzzle the last 1/4 or so of the gallon (unlike Ronnie, Captain Googuzzler - good 'till the last drop!)
Good job on the "fingerbang" save with the FOD you introduced into the gearbox. Now see, that little slapstick mishap on your part is an example of cosmic, preemptive, retribution for that "Captain Googuzzler" comment, bit#h!!!

I would be interested in seeing a pic of the broken bit you found in the trans - maybe I, or someone else here, can ID it for you.

Good luck with all of your projects (progress on cooler is BOSS).

And PS -

Angry Martina Hill

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 05-06-2014 at 09:20 AM..
Old 05-06-2014, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)