View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilikum Turbo View Post
Once heard there's "one born every minute".

Neither of them are real Ruf's anymore than my 911SC with a 930 engine make a 930 Porsche.
First off I would like to say I'm not cheerleading for the dealer..just want to put that out there. The cars are not Ruf vin but they are Ruf conversions done by Exclusive Motorcars (an authorize Ruf reseller back in the day). Realistically Ruf started as a tuner then he gained the mfr status. Both cars have plenty of high dollar Ruf parts, up to and including engine and tranny. If your were to ship your car to Ruf in Germany and he were to convert/tune it using his parts from his catalog, than I would consider your car Ruf converted. Not Ruf vin....but still very much a Ruf.

Comparing your SC to these cars are like comparing apples to oranges. The ad did state Ruf Conversions. If the car had only Ruf wheels and was trying to be passed off as a Ruf, I can understand your comparison but these cars got 90% of the Ruf treatment from their catalog. If you installed 90% of 930 parts into your SC and called it a 930 conversion, than I see no reason why it couldn't be called that.

Last edited by speednme1; 05-07-2014 at 03:57 AM..
Old 05-07-2014, 03:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)