View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebilly View Post
You can bolt on the front calipers to your struts. You do need the 930 rotors. I have done this on my 77 track car.

For the rears, you need 930 trailing arms which relocate the caliper to behind the hub or you have to machine the calipers and get some spacers to mount these in the original location ahead of the hub. Once again, you need 930 rotors.

This swap takes an evening and is better than the early 930 stuff.

If you don't want to do this, you can significantly improve the early 930 brakes by:

1. Get some good quality pads (I like Pagid RS-29).
2. Replace your brake fluid with Brembo LCF-600.

You wont regret it.
unclebilly is correct as this is the set-up I did and have on my 73S..
I had my calipers machined and used spacers.. the rotors simply go on as normal. On the front, the calipers will bolt onto struts with 3.5" spacing.. you will need both the hub and the rotor.

Another alternative for early 930's would be the use of the Boxster caliper.
Its a helluva upgrade in stopping power, still a Porsche part, its Purdy, its light, and if you shop wisely it can be a lot more cost effective than the purchase of the 930 calipers, rotors, and required machining.

I am in the process of putting together a set of these for my cousins SC. Waiting to see what my machinist friend will charge for cutting the adapters so there may be extras available. Although they are currently available from several sources.. I just felt they were a little spendy.
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 05-08-2014, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)