View Single Post

Garage
930 engine stalls in 1st gear sometimes

Hi all,

Recently plunked an insane amount on my 85' 930 -- rebuilt turbo charger, changed stock intercooler to Fabspeed intercooler, swapped the intake and exhaust manifolds with Fabspeed, many oil lines, hoses, etc. Enough to buy a brand new KIA, I always joked...
With all these upgrades, the cars runs nice, but I have had three instances where it stalls on first
gear just as I was stepping on and ready to kick in the Turbo. It would just stall and while car is
still in motion, I could start up the car again and the car would run normal for the rest of the drive.
The three times that happen, the same scenario:
I made a left turn, from stop, and start to step on the gas when the turn is complete, the engine
just konks out, and then a loud "bang", backfire. Like I said, I could restart the car no problem and it would work normal. It's a bit concerning.
My mechanic said couple of things could be problem:
ECU relays: may be a delay on the fuel charge, suggest I should drive it more and open it up more often
CIS valve getting stuck.

Do you agree with my mech? Or is there something else that you can think of I should tell my mech?

Thanks
Old 05-12-2014, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)