View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebilly View Post
I think these work by controlling the fuel cut off pressure, at least mine does. The way to do this is to punt in a 1.2 or so bar spring and then have the dial o death limit your boost with the fuel cut off. The previous owner of my car was up at around 1.5 bar (tattletale on the 934 boost gauge) when one of the pistons decided to break. The car was 440 HP at the wheels with 1 bar of boost before these shenanigans... At 1.5 bar, it must have been close to 600 HP...
no the waste gate is no connection ot the fuel cut off. that function is performed by the overboost relay. which senses boost from a pressure switch in the recirc valve line. When this is open the overboost relay cuts power to the fuel pumps. The ragged thing sticking out of the vent line on that waste gate is whats left of the hollow bolt that goes through the missing banjo fitting that goes to a vent line that vents inside the engine compartment out of the rain and dirt.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 05-13-2014 at 07:46 AM..
Old 05-13-2014, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)