View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK78-951 View Post
I hate to say it but the likeliness of that actually having 20,000 miles is pretty slim... It is a Euro car, undoubtedly, they simply did not import 930 to the US in 83... it had to have been federalized to get into the US meaning that it likely has/had things like safety door bars welded in etc.... as well as the odometer changed from KPH to MPH~

Plus lets be honest people... who the hell parks a perfectly good running 911 turbo with only 20K and lets it rot away outside for over 10 years... someone who knows it doesn't have only 20K, that's who~

Only way to tell for sure would be maintenance records etc... perhaps you can get a Carfax on it and see what it says?
This isn't necessarily true. My ROW car had door bars bolted into place, which were then removed. I've heard stories of ROW cars with nuts welded to the door so that it appears to have door bars for federalization. Also, my car still has its original speedometer. In KPH.

Having said that, the speedo was probably swapped out at some point, so the 20k mileage is probably bogus. But that shot of the inner door shows a door that's in really good shape.

If it were me. I'd keep it. It sounds like you don't have the money to bring this one back to life because of your 240Z. But look at the rate that longhoods, and especially RS's, have appreciated. If you have the space, I would store it until I can afford to get it running again or sell it for even more money if you'd decide you don't want to deal with it down the road. Basically, I think the rate it will appreciate will greatly outweigh the cost to store the car.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)