View Single Post

Porsche Crest

The new to me Slantnose checked out great. Leakdown #'s were spot on, no oil leaks. We replaced the fan, changed all fluids, plugs, etc. Replaced the original cat with a BB bypass pipe, hooked up to original muffler. The car sounds great and this eliminated a little of the lag.

Also Harold, smart guy that he is, found the gremlins in the fuel pump and corrected that...diagnosed ground issue, which prior owners never could find.

I've never been a fan of a lot of mods, and prefer it to remain as close to factory as possible. The car was running rich when we picked it up, but everything is up to spec now. Nice idle, makes good power, boost to 8 easily. Engine is very smooth.

We changed all the engine rubber seals, and now have a nice tight engine compartment, which should allow cooler operating temps, along with the elimination of the cat.
Sorted out what seemed like 100 feet of old wire, which had been used for remote radar detectors, horns and assorted BS. Cleaned all of that stuff up.

I will check it out more with several short runs, and then do the Blues Hwy 61 trip in a couple of weeks...Going to Graceland, Graceland, Memphis, Tenn...

Overall it seems like I found a great driver quality Slant which is what I wanted. No garage queens...love to get them out on the road..

Last edited by FC356; 05-17-2014 at 07:45 AM..
Old 05-17-2014, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #800 (permalink)