View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwasbury View Post
Surely you can't be serious.

Nice library, but I don't see a factory workshop manual, Bruce Anderson's 911 performance handbook, or Wayne Dempsey's how to rebuild or modify your Porsche 911 engine book. If you don't have them, I recommend you add them to the collection.

This forum is primarily a DIY crowd...and not everyone here has built themselves a 934 replica. Most of us have been faced with replacing worn out old factory parts, and aftermarket parts offer better or equal performance for a better price, or original new parts are simply unavailable at any price.
Sorry, didn't see this thread - as - I have been in the garage actually working on my car not just looking at it and reading books about it to pontificate.

try this perspective on for size sometime, eh?:

This is a classic example of what folks would refer to kids in school as: "book smart".

However, here I'd argue the usage / applicability of the word "smart" (d'oh). Painful.

Want to know something about your car? DRIVE IT. WORK ON IT. Period. All the reading of pretty little books and all the looking at of your shiny little car ain't the way certainly...

anywho...

funny stuff Noah...

What's funnier is... I very much do 'that' all the time to folks. In fact, did it just this Sat to a guy in a stunning e36 ///M3 convertible in front of me at a stop sign - rolled beside him and had a brief convo about if he'd consider selling his car. Always looking, I am Never know...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 05-19-2014 at 06:17 AM..
Old 05-19-2014, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)