Thread: 930 Therapy
View Single Post

930 Therapy

My 930 was running kinda rough last November and I was pretty sure it was sparkplugs so I bought a set, entered the zen-like state required for working on these cars and made a start.
Got the first one changed ok but dropped the second one fell out of the socket before it was seated. Three days later, after exhausting my vocabulary of swear-words, I got it in and immediately drove it to the mechanics to let the experts finish the job.
As the car hadn't been looked at for a while it was decided it was time for a major service.
Phone-call; the cam-shafts are pitted. We make the call to go for 964 cams.
I decide to give myself a Christmas present and upgrade the intercooler.
Phone-call; when investigating the leak-down on one of the cylinders, the rings have come out in bits and at least one other cylinder is the same. Eventually we decide for 3.4 l pistons and cylinders.
BUT of course, whilst we are doing that we should port the heads! And do this, and that and every other thing that should be done while the engine is in bits.
End result is I haven't driven the car since December. In that time I have separated from my wife, lost my job, sold my house, sold my 951 and lent my bicycle to someone so I have to walk or catch the train.
Surely my mojo has to return with my 930!
Old 05-19-2014, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)