View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKraft View Post
Saying that the stock one must be best because it was designed by engineers in Stuttgart (maybe, if not outsourced to L&R) is giving factory engineers credit as perfect, which is nonsense. After all, these are the same guys that fitted the 930 with:
* a rubber-centered clutch disc,
* CIS, even after the 1984 Carrera went EFI and the 1986 951 had EFI,
and, something Robby is intimately familiar with
* possibly the world's worst fuse and relay panel, bad enough to make a Jaguar or Fiat tech laugh and point
It also assumes there have been zero advances in technology since the mid 1970s... 'nuff said.

If these were so perfectly engineered, we'd all be driving stock 911 Turbos.

FYI They changed the rubber centered clutch in the seventies, due to their ongoing quest for the perfect car (you should know this)

Im up to 250000 km on my Daily Driver Stock all Porsche factory Engine 911 Turbo 930, So what are you talking about?

Amount of times ive broken down from failed sock part = ZERO repeat ZERO

Yes i think it is the perfcet car as it is, a Factory 930 especially a Euro version is ultimate,
Whats so good about a giant flippin intercooer that its main use is for people to hide their dirty motors as it covers everything which is such a shame.

PLease do cut one away lets see what technological marvels lies underneath,
i think people dont want to know because they dont want to see that there is in fact nothing there?

People think that i big shiny block of steel will give them more power, shame though because of the weight it adds any alleged power gain is unnoticable

Hey give me 2 grand and ill upset the rear weight bias even more,!! talk about unbalanced (in more ways than one) sheesh

And even with the fuse box half rewired amount of times Ive broken down = ZERO

I had a clutch problem i thought once but that turned out to be the floor carpet had curled up under it, i fixed my clutch problem by moving it back three inches.

Amount of times ive broken down by adding an aftermarket part = 1 (fancy that)
That aftermarket part is now deleted im sticking to Porsche parts only

So what are you Talking about?
You Sound like a Salesman for an aftermarket parts shop

I couldnt resist after your comments about my fusebox, (i know your jealous)

But let the truth be known!

Without prejudice
Rob

Last edited by Robbbyg; 05-25-2014 at 01:52 AM.. Reason: /
Old 05-25-2014, 01:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)