View Single Post
Brando

Garage
Robbie, your saying your configuration is stock then?
Your car was not designed for an Intercooler, why are you putting in an Intercooler then?
You wanted it so badly you turned your throttle body 90degrees in order to make it fit. Why would you add an inter cooler? Because Porsche did it? Great your right, Porsche did it. But to mod your Porsche in such a way for a crappy intercooler(it's well documented) is silly.

Fact is there really is more power from a more efficient Intercooler. Free power in the form of more dense cool air.
Porsche made a pretty cool inter cooler for the 964 turbo, was it heavier? Yup, Porsche made one heavier ooooooooooo boo to Porsche? No Porsche was smart to do that finally.

Robbie, an Intercooler makes any car more safe and reliable, not prone to failure. Cooler air is always better than hot air.

Robbie, I dont know if your angry or just trying to save face but stop. Your not sounding smart.
"I tell my wife this and she makes more sense. " from my favorite movie "raising Arizona".

To cap:
Adding the Intercooler is for why?
Ok. So why not add one that's better? Better than Porsche? Ok it's going to be larger, and more expensive than a used part from eBay I'm sure. But even if not larger footprint, thicker. This is how it's better, more area to cool the charged air and more efficient paths to make smooth the flow= larger.
Gee wiz dude!
Listen to these guys, they know what they're talking about.

Btw I'm concerned about your home brew throttle linkage. That will strand you I'd wager.

Btw my engine is the same as yours and the first few months with it I didn't run an intercooler. The back to back without and then with Intercooler showed me that there really is more power with an Intercooler even at low boost pressures.

Last edited by quattrorunner; 05-25-2014 at 10:52 PM..
Old 05-25-2014, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)